Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chocolate Bark

The other day I was reading an old People magazine and stumbled across this article about Karina Smirnoff's favorite sweet treat. See it here.
It was a recipe for chocolate bark and it looked totally amaz.
Since Matt got his raise at work, holler! I thought I would make the chocolate bark as a yummy congratulations treat!
So Sunday at the grocery store I picked up the ingredients (and some of my own touches) and tried it out.
It’s very good, and I feel like not that unhealthy….?
Ingredients:
Two bags of Chocolate Chips
Cranberries
Glazed Walnuts
Sliced Almonds
Coconut

Directions:
1.)    Place wax paper on a cookie sheet
2.)    Put chocolate chips in large mixing bowl and melt in microwave for about 2 minutes or until completely melted.
3.)    Spread melted chocolate on wax paper
4.)    Add your cranberries, walnuts, almonds and coconut on top of the melted chocolate
5.)    Take your spoon and lightly push and spread your toppings
6.)    Put in freezer for one hour
7.)    Once hard, break bark into pieces
8.)    Eat.
9.)    Enjoy!
So fast and easy.
I stored my bark in my fridge to keep it hard.
Seriously guys, this turned out super yummy!

5 comments:

Faith said...

it looks yummy! i want to try!

laura said...

If it's good enough for Karina..... Looks yummy. Might have to make some and take it over to Jess for when she gets home :)

laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brittany said...

oh yum!! in my pregnant state i'm not craving chocolate at all (SO weird!) but hopefully soon this will be made in our kitchen :)

Unknown said...

Yum this looks so good!