Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks…

I decided I should do a blog post about what I'm thankful for this year.
Matt and I are truly blessed with the life we have and this year has been the most exciting, overwhelming, and incredible year to date.
As much chaos, as this year has bought us, it has also bought a ton of joy, adventures and fun into our lives.
First off, I am thankful for being able to say that I truly married the perfect man for me.
 
Matt has been such a big part of helping mend me into the person I am, and I’m forever thankful. I can’t even tell you how excited I am for our future! (Baby Bogdans!! Can’t wait for that stage of our life. But right now, we need to get this home perfect for their arrival down the road.)
I’m thankful that my parents helped in making our dreams come true and gave us the most wonderfully beautiful wedding!
Totally thankful that we got to go on a honeymoon to Jamaica! Then go back again! (All in the same year). Lucky bums.
Proud and thankful that Matt went back to college and graduated with magna cum laude. And then landed a crazy-good government job in DC. So very proud of him! Overall, thankful that we both had the opportunity to get a college education!
This is my graduation day- I can't find Matt's graduation pictures. Dang
Thankful that my old car died and I got to get a new car- ha!
I got me a 2010 Nissan Versa hatchback (this time last year) and I love it! My old car didn't even have automatic locks or windows, so this little car is a real treat!
Thankful for our jobs. They have allowed us to purchase our very first home! (It’s been a lot of work, mostly on Matt’s part, but it’s turning into the perfect home for us). 
 Work In-progress. But inside is looking great!
Thankful for our health. We are truly blessed to be so healthy and able to do lots of fun active activities! (We work hard to keep ourselves healthy. And I work hard at preparing all those healthy meals for Matt, so his heart will stay strong so he can be around forever! Matt’s dad is in such bad health, we truly make a joint effort to make sure we are healthy for each other.)
So very thankful for our family and friends. I don’t know how many times Matt and I turn to each other and say, “Damn, we have a fun life.”
I'm especially thankful for my parents who spent countless weekends working on our new home and helping make it perfect!
Thankful that we adopted (literally) the perfect dog for us. We are so in love with this pup, it’s scary. Ha!
Honestly, I’m very thankful for everything in our lives. We are exactly where we want to be and it’s beautiful.
Wishing everyone a perfect thanksgiving, enjoying friends and family!
(We only have to travel ten minutes to my in-laws home and then two minutes away to my parent’s home. Clearly, thankful for our short travel on Thanksgiving Day!)

4 comments:

Faith said...

what an awesome post of thankfulness!

what an exciting year this has been for you! you have tons to be thankful for. it is nice when you can sit down and reflect and see just how blessed you truly are! loved reading that!

have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your family!

very jealous of your short commute, haha.

Mandy said...

Thank you Faith!

We are so blessed; I can't believe how much has happened in just one short year. It's nuts!

I loved writing that post and realizing how blessed we really are.

And Yes, we are so lucky about our short commute tomorrow! Enjoy your Thanksgiving! And hope your travel isn't too bad. :-)

Stephanie said...

So sweet! I love it when we get to take a minute a really think about how blessed we are!

Great photos! Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Mandy said...

Thanks Stephanie! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving break! (Boo to being back at work, time off always goes by too fast).

Hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving! :-)